FARO Technologies announces the new FARO CAD Zone Release 10 software suite which offers updated versions of Crime Zone, Crash Zone, Fire Zone, and Insurance Zone. The Release 10 versions are available for immediate delivery to customers. CAD Zone software is noted for its ease of use and powerful drawing, analysis, and animation tools. These software offerings enable the creation of courtroom-ready 2D and 3D drawings and animations from scanner data, point cloud data, total station data, and manual measurements.
For over 20 years FARO CAD Zone products have been the easiest and most accurate diagramming programs in the public safety market, which includes law enforcement, forensic science, crash reconstruction, loss prevention, and fire service. The Release 10 versions include even more realistic 3D graphics and faster rendering. Also included in the new releases are significant performance and feature improvements, which have been developed to help public safety customers automate their workflows.
Jay Freeland, FARO’s President and CEO stated, “CAD Zone is the most trusted brand name in CAD-diagramming software for the public safety industry. We have continued to invest in development to make the CAD Zone Suite of software even better. By focusing on customer requirements, FARO has developed a unique program that facilitates and simplifies the workflow required to produce courtroom-ready evidence. These enhancements improve the users’ experience and helps improve their return-on-investment.”
With Release 10, Crime Zone, Crash Zone, Fire Zone, and Insurance Zone now provide the following key enhancements:
- Higher resolution 3D graphics for more realistic drawings and animations
- Active 3D drawing functionality, with simultaneous 2D and 3D drawing windows
- Faster 3D rendering rate with quicker file loading and refresh rates
- Intuitive user interface for maximum productivity
- Advanced graphic settings with lighting, shadow, highlights, and glass-transparency effects
- Innovative satellite image clean-up tools to erase unwanted vehicles or other objects
- Terrain mapping for aerial draping over 3D points
- New and enhanced 3D vehicle symbols, 3D placards, and other symbology
- New bullet trajectory cones with a user-specified uncertainty value
For more information on CAD Zone Suite 10, view new videos, purchase a license or request a demonstration, visit www.faro.com.
The CAD Zone was acquired by FARO Technologies in late July 2014. The company was originally founded in 1990 with the goal of providing CAD drawing software programs, support, and training for the law enforcement and public safety industries.
For more information, please complete our contact form below.